Thursday, October 4, 2007

Blogging vs. W.E.B. DuBois

He should win, and yet, here I am, inserting html into the template of this Recipe Sharin' group in order to present us with a more readable site.

Check out how the details of a recipe require the reader to click a "read more" link.

Blogger doesn't offer this automatically, but people create blogger-approved hacks all the time, so, I found this one. It's pretty easy: every new post will come with some automatic html and instructions on where to put your text.

However, it's not the best ever, so if anyone has a suggestion/brother with a suggestion, I'd be happy to hear it.

In the meantime, maybe it'll make blog entries more blog-like and get us thinking about pictures and telling stories about our cooking experiences rather than just cutting and pasting the recipes.

We're trying to create a community, after all!

3 comments:

HEB said...

wow! This is wild. Thanks to W.E.B. DuB. for the inspiration! it does make the blog so much more readable! way to be!

kzwick said...

It's funny that you did this. I tried to do it and screwed up. And then I tried to put it back and screwed up again (which is why there is a link at the bottom that says "here is what i eat" that just links right back here. That's Donna's food blog which has some good recipes so I was trying to insert a link using the HTML that I have for the blog I used to keep. Obviously this is further proof that Elizabeth wins.

Elizabeth said...

Ok, I put in a link to Donna's food blog in the "travelin'" section, and she has something about popcorn chickpeas, which....I may have to make this weekend. Seriously. Chickpea. Popcorn!!