Thursday, October 18, 2007

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

This is a recipe from my friend Mary-Anne. I made it when we went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on the northside and I know Hannah made it for her DB concert last year. It is very easy to assemble. One recipe makes a pretty generous portion (as Hannah discovered last year, a double recipe makes a lot of salsa!).

Black Bean and Corn Salsa
2 cans (15 oz.) black beans
1 can (17 oz.) whole kernel corn (I used about 3 fresh ears of corn)
2 large tomatoes – seeded and chopped
1 large avocado
1 purple onion
1/8 to 1/4 cup cilantro
3 or 4 TBLSP lime juice
2 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP red wine vinegar













2 comments:

HEB said...

this salsa is super delicious! CH's caution is well-stated, though, since a double recipe is a kinda crazy amount of salsa. You can use the leftovers to make really delicious omelets, but still.....

Elizabeth said...

I just made this! And ate it for dinner! There might have been some corn tortillas involved, or it might just have been with a spoon. I wish we could post pictures in the comments.....anyways, thanks for posting this on CH! Making it totally made my day. :)