Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sometimes, Turning on the Oven Is Too Much to Ask



In addition to my work potluck, I went to another, much stranger potluck more recently. But I'd been doing a lot of cooking for DB, so I the thought of making something complicated was more than I could handle. Instead, I made this salad, which I believe HEB inspired from her favorite at Cosi. It's not hard, it's not complicated, but it took nice pictures and tasted good...

For the dressing:
- one part balsamic vinegar
- one part olive oil
(I start with 1/4 cup each of oil and vinegar and then decide if I have enough dressing for the amount of salad I have.)
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- pinch of salt
Someone once told me that if you slowly drizzle the oil into the vinegar as you're wisking it will separate less, so I do that. Not sure if it actually works.

For the salad
- Mixed greens
- Colored Peppers
- Carrots
- Cashews and pistachio nuts
- Grapes
- Craisins
- Blue Cheese

1 comment:

CH said...

This salad was delicious and kz was ever sweet and kept the dressing separate so people (read: me) wouldn't have to have dressing on their salad if they didn't want any. Thanks, kz!