Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Because It's Always Somethin' Somethin' Weather


This cranberry slushy can barely be classified as a recipe, but it is probably my first (and favorite) exposure to alcohol. My aunt always made this at Thanksgiving and now it is a staple in my freezer, for parties and for weekday nights.

All you need is (1) one can of frozen lemonade, (2) one bottle of standard sized cranberry juice, and (3) the frozen lemonade can full of rum (1.5 if you're really feeling feisty).

Stir it up, and put it in the freezer. The next day you'll have a frozen treat. The alcohol keeps it from freezing solid, so once you stir it up, you're good to go.

1 comment:

HEB said...

One of my favorite memories from your Hamilton Heights apartment was when I learned that there was always cranberry slushie in the freezer.