Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Nice Thing to Have Around



A couple days after Thanksgiving, I made these buttermilk biscuits because I didn't want to waste the leftover buttermilk. I ate one at the time and put the rest in the freezer. Since then, I've been eating them for dinner with eggs and cheese. I wouldn't call them the best biscuits ever, but I will say that the idea of having them in my freezer made me really happy. So, with this as the starting point, I would like to solicit ideas from you and yours on how to make the best biscuit.

The problem with these? They were good but they sort of tasted like pancakes in biscuit form. I guess more salt, less sugar (though I only used 1 tablespoon to begin with) is a starting point, but i am sure someone can give me the key to a homemade egg 'n cheese sandwich.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

KZ, there's a SK version, DYING to be baked. Cross country bakeoff this weekend, anyone??

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/12/cream-biscuits/

kzwick said...

I saw these cream biscuits. She posted them the day after I made these other biscuits. Been meaning to give them a try, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

We could have a cross country contest, but who would judge.