Saturday, November 10, 2007

macaroon redux

more macaroons (but the French Almond kind).....


courtesy of Martha Stewart's recipe. I think this is the first time I've ever made real buttercream and am not sure that it was worth it. It was the Swiss Meringue Buttercream recipe from Martha's Baking Handbook and it turned out very, very buttery. I ended up adding about a cup of powdered sugar to cut the taste. I'm sure that goes against all that is buttercream, but I really couldn't serve it otherwise.


2 comments:

kzwick said...

where is the recipe?

HEB said...

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.fc77a0dbc44dd1611e3bf410b5900aa0/?vgnextoid=946a40ee0c90f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=macaroon%20almond&rsc=ns2006_m2

To clarify, although I'll stick with a simpler frosting, I'll definitely make these again since they were a hit at the event I brought them to. (And I thought they were pretty tasty.)