Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Carrot Soup!

Since the new year, my bunny rabbit has been on a strict greens and hay diet. This has resulted in me buying a lot of young carrots in order to obtain the (delicious for rabbits) carrot tops.  (Imagine a picture of an adorable bunny eating leafy greens here, or not.  The choice is yours.)

This week, with a slight cold after a rainy weekend, I realized that a simple carrot soup was in order. I was pleased and delighted to see 101 Cookbooks turn up in my google search for carrot soup, and sure enough, Heidi Swanson's recipe was simple and delicious.

IMAG0016.jpg








With a little harissa on top, this soup was flavorful and quick, and the perfect accompaniment to some toasted walnut bread. Yay soup!

2 comments:

kzwick said...

mmm. soup. it looks sort of thick, is it?

Elizabeth said...

Hmmm, not super thick. And it would have been easy to add more broth. It looks lumpy because I like my soup to have some texture, and didn't immersion blend it very much.